Kindly note that due to numerous requests from stakeholders, coupled with the Department of Energy's commitment to ensuring thorough engagement on the Draft IRP2010, we have decided to extend the original thirty (30) day period for submission of written comments from the public, by a further thirty (30) days.
This means that the new deadline for submission of written comments on the Draft IRP2010 is 10 December 2010. Please still ensure that you send your comments (in the prescribed format) by this time to IRP2010@mweb.co.za
Kindly also note that due to the nature and volume of requests we have been receiving for slots to present at the Public Hearings, we have decided to set aside a total of four (4) days for Public Hearings, across three (3) regions as follows:
1. 26 November 2010 - Durban
2. 29 November 2010 - Cape Town
3. 02 and 03 December 2010 - Johannesburg
Kindly indicate to us the following:
1. Which Public Hearing you will be attending;
2. The number of attendees from your respective organisation that will be attending;
3. If you have been allocated a slot to present by Ms Angelique Kilian, please indicate which region you intend presenting to Ms Angelique Kilian at IRP2010@mweb.co.za by close of business on
01 November 2010.
4. All final presentations to be presented must be emailed to IRP2010 by 19 November 2010.
Kindly note that you will be advised of the actual venues per region, in due course.
We thank you for your valued participation and interest in the development of our Draft IRP2010.