Featured Post

Ancient Teachings

Genesis 1, 28 says that we should "go forth and multiply, and replenish the earth." Not all Bibles have this "replenish the e...

Monday, November 13, 2017

Who knows what an oath is?

Our ministers have to swear an oath:
"I, A.B., swear/solemnly affirm that I will be faithful to the Republic of South Africa and will obey, respect and uphold the Constitution and all other law of the Republic; and I undertake to hold my office as Minister/Deputy Minister with honour and dignity; to be a true and faithful counsellor; not to divulge directly or indirectly any secret matter entrusted to me; and to perform the functions of my office conscientiously and to the best of my ability.
(In the case of an oath: So help me God.) "
I wonder how many of them understand this oath of office. An oath is to God. He knows just like we know.
They are called Ministers for a reason. They are Ministers of God. They have sworn an oath. An oath is to God.
And it is time for the people, who elected this government and its parliament to ask parliament to fix our water problem. And our electricity problem. And our food problem. And our transport problem. And our unemployment problem.
I feel sorry for our Ministers when they meet God as their relatively short time on earth will be tiny compared to an eternity explaining what they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment