Featured Post

Ancient Teachings

Genesis 1, 28 says that we should "go forth and multiply, and replenish the earth." Not all Bibles have this "replenish the e...

Friday, August 7, 2015

Government Actors

Actors in government; I kid you not.

Almost every person in senior echelons of the South African government are "Acting". Acting CEO of Eskom. Action CFO of Eskom. Acting CEO of Transnet. Acting Minister of Home Affairs. Acting Director Generals.

It seems to me that far too many people are "acting". Do these actors have the same responsibility as a normal director? Are the compensated as permanent employees or contractors? Do they get share options and / or bonuses? Are there responsibilities the same as for Directors? Can they be sued?

Bearing in mind they might only be in the position for 3 months or 6 months, can decisions be attributed to them?

What happens if a person in an "Acting" position signs a nuclear or coal deal that binds South Africa for the next 50 years to a particular contract? Should this be allowed?

1 comment:

  1. TESTIMONY ON HOW I WAS RESCUED BY A GOD-SENT LENDER..

    Hello everyone, am writing this Testimony because am really grateful for what Mason Diego did for me and my family, when I thought there was no hope he came and make my family feel alive again by lending us loan at a very low interest rate of 2%. Well I have been searching for a loan to settle my debts for the past three months all I met scammed and took my money until I finally met a God sent Lender. I never thought that there are still genuine loan lenders on the internet but to my greatest surprise i got my loan without wasting much time so if you are out there looking for a loan of any amount i would advise you to email Mr Diego via: { diegoloancompany@yahoo.com } and be free of internet scams. thanks... Kathie Roper from California, USA.

    ReplyDelete